Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
John. I think these lawsuits are the first step in the music labels owning the AI creators...the settlement will probably be in the form of investments, by the industry, into AI, which is happening now... The only question, IMO, is...how close to actual will AI come and will the public accept it? They could also be testing, through the courts, copyright laws now to determine what they want to do and how they can make money...I don't see this as protecting artists....but then what do I know anyway?...
Steve
Yes follow the money. the music labels have it so they want in on a good thing. AI.
If I had a million dollars, I might go around and purchase the music catalogs of really good but never quite made bands and artist.....give the music to my AI techs, then allow people to fill their boots and have fun creating amateur music....free. There would be so much traffic I'd make my ROI with advertising wanting in on all the amateur musician and hobby traffic.
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney