Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
(Writers) still pitch songs , But yes artists write there own more now , Either with a established (hit writer) or not . like Ashley Gorley ect ect ect.
personal satisfaction ? why yes , cuz 99.99% will never see radio . My buddy just had one picked up by a Nash publisher , maybe 3 weeks ago , I guess it could happen being on radio.
Back on Topic . If a demo studio wrote the melody , they get a % , If AI did the melody , I'm not sure how that would work with publishers , If the writer fed AI with the melody, I'm also not sure on PRO rules on excepting it . I'm guessing this has come up all ready.... with professional publishers and logistics and laws. A Sony Staff writer probably grew up using PRO -Tools , He might have AI in his tool box in 2024. (Slippery Sloap ) I guess .
Last edited by bennash; 06/18/2405:59 PM.
We’re all built from the same dust and dreams, Different roads, but the same means.
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney