Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 68
Serious Contributor
|
Serious Contributor
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 68 |
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TrumanCoyote: Yeah. I guess all it proves is that they might know more than you do. And, if you are sure that you can't learn from someone who knows more than you do, you should keep that wallet shut. </font> It proves no such thing. No one knows more about my writing than me. I'm a songwriter like them. A hit song proves nothing. There are many a songwriter never recorded who have potential hit songs in their catalogs. And many hit songs recorded that are worthless crap. I've never thought of songwriting as a learning process so much as an evolutionary one. If you feel you can learn something from them, good for you. I'm at the point in my life where I'm a peer, I write songs and I like my songs as much as anyone's and I don't need help writing them and never did. If some people need help, God bless and I hope they can get it, but everyone is not in the same boat. [This message has been edited by Pattycakes (edited 03-25-2004).]
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,051
Posts1,185,700
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|