|
7 members (Guy E. Trepanier, CTthomas, texritter, Gary E. Andrews, Sunset Poet, Everett Adams, 1 invisible),
21,252
guests, and
5,554
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 8,574
JPF Mentor
|
JPF Mentor
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 8,574 |
I don't think every line needs to stand on its own. Some of them can be transitional or in context. As to the "Remember When" phenomenon. My daughter loves the song. She's fourteen. She doesn't know the lines in the songs are cliches because she isn't old enough to have heard many others like them. Every generation gets to reinvent the wheel. Alan Jackson's performance sounds heartfelt, the lines, while predictable and unoriginal, are perfectly sound emotional expressions. It's a song that I wouldn't have brought to a publisher, but also one I would have been proud to have written. Regarding workshops, seminars, books and the like. There is absolutely no connection between having one or several hits and being able to teach songwriting. The best, and most useful seminars and etc. teach songwriting. None of them can teach how to write a hit song, only how to structure a song like many hits have been structured. Well, the power went out here, so I'm going to post this and save the laptop battery. All the Best, Mike ------------------ Mike Dunbar Music
You've got to know your limitations. I don't know what your limitations are. I found out what mine were when I was twelve. I found out that there weren't too many limitations, if I did it my way. -Johnny Cash It's only music. -niteshift Mike Dunbar Music
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,050
Posts1,185,699
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|