|
6 members (Michael W. Brown, texritter, CTthomas, Bill Draper, bennash, 1 invisible),
31,237
guests, and
5,864
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,303 Likes: 1
Top 100 Poster
|
Top 100 Poster
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,303 Likes: 1 |
It is simple common sense that if you want to be any good at writing lyrics then you have to understand the other parts of the craft. Big Jim: I don't want to get drawn into a GREAT BIG thing again where no one agrees. But I would like you to answer this question if you wish. I spend the next 6 months learning to play an instrument (I can actually play an accordion) then I do a melody for some lyrics which I write to suit each other. I then listen to some of your demos and think, wow this guy knows how to do COMPLETE songs. So I ask you in your studio guise to take what I have and do me a FANTASTIC demo. Being that I base this on what I have heard you do before, does that mean that you can take my lyrics with melody and make a great demo for me. If you thought that I HAD GOT THE MUSIC / MELODY TOTALY WRONG FOR THE LYRICS AND THAT IN YOUR opinion THEY DON'T BELONG TO EACH OTHER and would sound like crap, would you say that or carry on and make my demo. If you thought you could do better than me would you offer to do just that. I hope you see what I am getting at. I could never in a million years get to your standard; you have what 20 30 years experience behind you. That's what I pay for, your experience. At what level would I have to be for YOU to except that musically I know what I am talking about, more so than you do. Just a simple question really. God Bless Roy and Helen
Last edited by Roy Cooper; 12/11/10 05:33 PM.
'You Have To Kiss A Lot Of Frogs To Find A Prince'
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,082
Posts1,185,776
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
There are no members with birthdays on this day. |
|
|
|