|
8 members (KyleCrawford, texritter, bennash, Michael W. Brown, Everett Adams, Raymond Byabazaire, Gary E. Andrews, 1 invisible),
77,929
guests, and
5,990
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 7,297 Likes: 175
Top 30 Poster
|
OP
Top 30 Poster
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 7,297 Likes: 175 |
I thought it was just me.
I guess not.
It took me quite a while to pen an article that wove a recent tragedy, the Bible and historical figures such as Herod Agrippa I to make a spiritual point. I hoped people would read at least part of it, but I doubted anyone would respond. I received one positive comment, which I appreciated.
Then my entire post vanished.
I was never contacted as to why, the post was just gone.
I suspect that action was the result of two possible things.
1. People complained to a moderator without approaching me first with their concerns. (Very courageous)
2. The "moderator" deleted my post unilaterally without the courtesy of telling me why. (again, very courageous)
I can't imagine how anyone involved with removing my post in that manner could think themselves worthy of respect.
Fascism?
Deleting my post was a performance of Fascism. The loudest complainers about Fascism are often the biggest purveyors of it.
Any emotional tenderfoot easily offended by opinionated posts here should try this simple strategy...
...don't read them. I liked your post, and mentioned it in recent PMs.  But, I have to disagree with your last bit of advice... I would suggest not allowing your emotions to guide your politics. Face it, politics permeates EVERYTHING! And as John mentioned, Hitler knew that well.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,064
Posts1,185,735
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"Sometimes reaching a goal earlier than planned is a great achievement. It shows you have worked hard, pushed ahead and made it happen. However, sometimes reaching a goal far past your original deadline, long after you wanted to complete it, and after the accolades you might once have gotten for the achievement are over, it is an even greater achievement. This shows you never gave up, due to adversity, deficit, criticism and those little life detours that end many dreams and goals. In many ways, this is a reason for even more pride!" -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
There are no members with birthdays on this day. |
|
|
|