Originally Posted by Rob B.
Originally Posted by Fdemetrio
Originally Posted by Rob B.
Time will tell but I'm with John. I also think the he's in deep sh*t in Georgia. He's ruining the reputation of the Republican party. But they are playing his game. We have a couple of interesting months ahead of us.

He can still run if found guilty, and he'll probably win, people care about results that's it.

He's not a real Republican anyway, but they need him

Hi Fdem,
help me understand this. In 2020 Trump had the full support from the Republican voters and he lost by some 7 million votes. If he wants to win in 2024, he’ll probably need even more votes. But now, after all that has happened, some Republican voters have turned their backs on Trump. If he’s found guilty, even more will choose not to vote for him. How can he compensate those lost voters? If I look at his situation realistically, I doubt that he can w
in the election. Wouldn't the Republican party would be better off with a candidate that everyone can support. Am I missing something?

Rob B.

You don't have to win the popular vote, in the US to become President. That is irrelevant. You have to win a majority of the Electoral College votes to win. Republicans have lost 7 of the last presidential election popular vote (Bush won in 2004) but both Bush in 2000 and Trump became President. The main thing that counts is to win the swing states, which at present seem to be Arizona, Michigan Georgia, Wisconsin and. Pennsylvania.



Steve

Last edited by VNORTH2; 08/25/23 02:01 PM.

Creators of music have a responsibility to their craft. When they have finished using all the notes and words, they must pass them down to the next generation with a simple request. “Use these to create new music.”...Steven McDonald