|
8 members (Gary E. Andrews, Fdemetrio, Michael W. Brown, Sunset Poet, texritter, bennash, Everett Adams, 1 invisible),
36,659
guests, and
5,881
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 20,016 Likes: 34
Top 10 Poster
|
OP
Top 10 Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 20,016 Likes: 34 |
Judy,
Great points. Until we dove into our music awards program, I really had a skewed perspective of what other music awards and even label and publisher screeners go through. I am currently immersed in Female S/S music, by far the deepest genre of music we got this year. Even after 3 rounds of screening, we still have 200 Albums and about 1900 songs in the running for a nomination, and all of them are very well done. It really means that a song has to have "something" extra to stick out above it's strong competition. Sometimes they are intangible things, but often they just reach out to you and grab you. I especially like the songs that literally stop me from whatever I am doing and focus me in on them. That's a comment I hear from label people all the time. If they are on the phone, or writing correspondence, or even having a meeting and a song stops everyone in their tracks to listen, they know that it has that something special.
I don't screen a fraction as many lyrics as I do songs, which is one reason why I am letting the members do the screening/nominating and then turning it over to the final round judges to pick winners. So I am particularly interested to learn, as you and other have also indicated, if my picks here will be in tune with everyone elses. In the regular music awards, I get feedback throughout the process. But in this Lyric Award, I will be just one of the gang here and will learn the results along with everyone else.
Thanks for the note,
Brian
Brian Austin Whitney Founder Just Plain Folks jpfolkspro@gmail.com Skype: Brian Austin Whitney Facebook: www.facebook.com/justplainfolks"Don't sit around and wait for success to come to you... it doesn't know the way." -Brian Austin Whitney "It's easier to be the bigger man when you actually are..." -Brian Austin Whitney "Sometimes all you have to do to inspire humans to greatness is to give them a reason and opportunity to do something great." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,095
Posts1,185,798
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|