|
5 members (bennash, Gary E. Andrews, Everett Adams, Michael W. Brown, Fdemetrio),
99,343
guests, and
5,950
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Love Bomb
by Michael W. Brown - 10/10/26 08:09 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 983
Top 500 Poster
|
Top 500 Poster
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 983 |
Well, I'm getting ready to cast my final vote. One of the things I found hard about this is that because (and only because) I am forced to chose, I have to leave out some stuff I liked as lyrics. After 3 rounds I had my list down to 12 lyrics. So, to everyone in that 12, although your not going to know who you are, I salute you. Sorry I had to pick 5. And I agree with other posters, we need to pick what moves us, but included in my 12 were only entries that would make passable song lyrics (singable, some sort of form - even when thinking out of the box, etc.).
I had to throw out one of my 12 that was totally cool, it made a good lyric (although too long), and I could see it in my mind as a great song. I was singin' along. It moved me. But after carefully inspecting the chorus, it just didn't make any sense whatsoever with the verses, or any sense with the title/topic of the lyric.
Another one (although this killed me) I didn't pick for the final 5 because, while it said something interesting, the person didn't give the lyric a title.
I think I also found that some of the more original entries topic/point of view wise were not good lyrics, while some of the best written lyrics were of topics/points of view done several times before (especially in the country realm...). Which is OK, I had at least 4 of those in my final 12. Just because I liked them.
Anyway, this was fun (and a chore!) to do...
Oh ya, Pramod, I too enjoyed your comments. I agree with what Brian said. We over here always think we have the best of everything, and it's good to hear someone say - hey - not as far as I'm concerned. Diverse opinions are cool....
[This message has been edited by Liszt Laughing (edited 09-08-2002).]
Boo...my name is Doug
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,104
Posts1,185,840
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|