Hi Everyone, I guess I am addressing Mike's wonderings with this post. I have read every single entriy in this contest over the last month and I have also re-read, several times
forty two posts that I thought were out standing enough to warrant an extra long look. I also spent more time with the reading of those I know personally and those I know to be fabulous with words and lyric writing. To that problem, I will say this; Some of them did not make my list of forty. Not because the lyric wasn't well written, but, because as Brian noted, the words they chose to submit didn't move me. To say that I was moved by forty enrtries only means that there are some great writers in this contest. I took that list of forty, made it twenty and then I agonized over those twenty.
My lyric was still in because it moves me and I like it. Now, I am down to ten and I am stalled here for sure. This job of judge is miserable and I now appreciate what the mentors and others whose job it is to pick the final winners go through. Now with ten lyrics to sharply criticize, ruminate, digest,read and read again, I am never going to be sure if I picked the right lyrics to vote for. I love all ten of them for different reasons. If I can't decide between these entries, I may have a drawing from a hat--1-2-3-4-5 and just quickly vote and forget it. I know, Mike, What about the other five really great and deserving lyrics in the bottom of the hat? Should I post a little note that says, I almost picked these five as first place winners? Perhaps Brian would let us have a post to put up our Honorable mentions. NAAAAAA! not feasable, right? Even not necessary, because as he says, if we all vote fairly, then the top 50 lyrics will probably include our favorites anyway and we will see those numbers in the list of nominations to the mentors. OK, I feel better. Thanks for the chance to spout my agonies and my views and thanks Brian and staff, for a terrific chance to read some wonderful lyrics and to enter a loaded with competition contest "FREE". The winner will surely stand tall and proud. The judging is truly an enlightening experience for us all. Idamarie