Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 380
Serious Contributor
|
Serious Contributor
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 380 |
Hey Everyone, For those who are interested, I emailed my votes today. After reading through all of the lyrics once, I had a list of 14 which I then narrowed down to 7. Out of that 7 I surprised myself and voted for one lyric in which I had some issues with the content. I didn't agree with everything the writer was saying. But, the lyric did move me and I even remembered it weeks after my initial reading of it. All of the lyrics I voted for, except one, were about very heartwarming things. I guess that is what touches me the most. I think in these lyrics I could sense the honesty and intensity of the feelings the writer felt and that to me makes a great lyric! One of the lyrics was just so funny. I found myself telling people about it. That is also a way that I measured if the lyric touched me or not. I told another person about a different lyric that I ended up voting for. On a different note (no pun intended! ![[Linked Image]](http://www.justplainfolks.org/ubb/wink.gif) )It would be so interesting to see how great a song these lyrics made though wouldn't it? I wonder how many of the lyrics entered in this contest already have music written for them, and how many do not. In fact, I wonder if I could guess a few that do not based on the fact that the meter just seems impossible to write a melody to. Did anyone think the same thing? Who knows though, looks can be deceiving! Marla [This message has been edited by Marla (edited 09-13-2002).]
"If it sounds good, it is good!"
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,090
Posts1,185,792
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|