Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 20,016 Likes: 34
Top 10 Poster
|
OP
Top 10 Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 20,016 Likes: 34 |
I think it's a great side effect to get some new writers on the message boards. Just as I encourage all the "lyric board regulars" to get out to chapter meetings and other parts of JPFolks, I try to get the non posting folks to come and get involved here. It's good for everyone.
Also keep in mind that I hadn't been very aggressive getting new folks to register and post on the message boards. Some were attracted to the new Instrument boards.. the Success Board.. the Venue board and just the new attention we've placed on the message boards in general. (And we have the register link posted on the home page, something we had never done before.)
I hope some of you folks will encourage and nurture the new folks posting lyrics. I've noticed on both Lyric 1 and Lyric 2 that there are posts slipping by with ZERO responses into page 2. We never used to let that happen, and I am kind of sad to see it. Even if you don't like the post, there is value to let people know you've at least read it. People can't improve in a vacuum and I'd think as a point of pride that some of the regulars who have vested so much in the lyric boards would want to keep the standards and activity here as top notch as the reputation of all of you has grown.
People regularly tell me how impressed they are with the active lyric board people here. How polite and professional the group and community as a whole is. As we are blessed with some new folks in our midst, let's keep the momentum going. Let them know they are welcome. If they don't know the polite and informal protocol, let them know nicely that they can get more replies to their posts by actively replying to others as well. New folks don't know that, but if we help them, they'll get involved and be productive like everyone else!
So, thanks to those willing to embrace the new diversity. And I hope everyone will get to know both old and new and keep improving everyone's writing together!
Brian
Brian Austin Whitney Founder Just Plain Folks jpfolkspro@gmail.com Skype: Brian Austin Whitney Facebook: www.facebook.com/justplainfolks"Don't sit around and wait for success to come to you... it doesn't know the way." -Brian Austin Whitney "It's easier to be the bigger man when you actually are..." -Brian Austin Whitney "Sometimes all you have to do to inspire humans to greatness is to give them a reason and opportunity to do something great." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,099
Posts1,185,826
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|