|
6 members (Michael W. Brown, texritter, bennash, Everett Adams, 2 invisible),
54,234
guests, and
5,949
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 631
Serious Contributor
|
Serious Contributor
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 631 |
Brian, I am new to writing. The first lyric I wrote was for the contest. I know what I like and do not like in lyrics I read. Lyrics that deal with drinking I try to avoid. I lost a friend to a drunk driver. More people died last year from alcohol related accidents than from 9/11. This can be prevented. Roy's song on message forum 2 is how I feel. I liked the message of the song and posted that. When someone said about a song being kinda like Piano Man I replied that I never thought of it that it read country to me. As far as technical stuff for lyrics I do not think I can help anyone since I am just learning myself. Jean lord of the board was the first person to comment about my first posting on lyric board 1. (still thinking of that parole thing Jean) When I came nobody had writen anything religious or had been awhile. I did. Got comments from clairrejeann, Michael and a few others. Blake read one made some comments and I emailed him for tips. Was glad for his links. Next lyric will ask for feedback on.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,097
Posts1,185,820
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|