|
3 members (bennash, Everett Adams, 1 invisible),
42,076
guests, and
5,968
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,014
Top 100 Poster
|
Top 100 Poster
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,014 |
1. Well, first of all, I finally made my 5 final choices out of 7 best and 7 contenders. I guess I agree with most of what has been said as far as criteria. 2. I ALSO LOST ONE called Hard Times, which initially struck me - but could not find it to review again -where did it go? 3. This response is for Pramrod: I totally agree that a level of honesty is the key to good lyrics. And, having worked in India and Africa and Canada (with it's many cultures), I know that it will be a matter of point of reference and perception as to how honesty, emotion and empathy are viewed. In some cultures, there is a tendancy to promote a positive view to encourage people to rise to the challenge, and sometimes to promote fairy tale endings. In other cultures it is important to hide the truth, in some it is important to rally people to an important cause, and still others the tendency to spill it's guts for the world to see. How we view and deal with humor, sorrow,death, justice, abuse, relationships, social issues is different in all cultures. The important thing is, we all have a plan or a process for dealing with those issues. From my own experience, I can say that I have not been able to write about the death of my son - 20 years later - and until I can write the sorrow out of that experience, I will never be able to write about it objectively. But, some people truly believe that they have dealt with the issues and can now write about it objectively and universally. Not, that they are trying for sympathy or catharsis. Your point is well taken in that perhaps they have not yet reached that point, BUT they have made a start. In each of us there is at least one good song. When the stars line up we will write it. I sincerely hope that you will write yours, as I hope, someday, to write mine. Namaste, Jeannette
"Live as though you were going to die tomorrow; learn as though you will live forever." Ghandi
Jeannette
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,099
Posts1,185,827
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|