|
7 members (texritter, Gary E. Andrews, Guy E. Trepanier, Michael W. Brown, Andy K, CTthomas, 1 invisible),
42,871
guests, and
5,962
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,788
Top 40 Poster
|
Top 40 Poster
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,788 |
Here's my two cents and with inflation better make it one cent....I gotta tell you I've never liked the word "Idol" in American Idol though I sometimes enjoy the show. An idol is something you worship or idolize and frankly I don't idolize any person or thing or band or song or car or diamond or fill in the blank. I worship God. Wish they'd called it "American Talent" or "So You Think You Can Sing" or etc. I've skipped "Idol" for years and tuned back in again this year hearing there was some real talent and new judges. Hearing Jacob sing Bridge Over Troubled Waters reminded me of the old days and here's a link to that same song being sung years back from a well-known previous contestant who found much success after the show as a runner up. http://youtu.be/QC9SKjdoTXgI can feel the darts but I liked Simon as a judge.  Anyhoo (where's our Beth) I think right now if we were allowed to pick let's say 3 winners instead of one this would be my list and in this order. Stefano - Pop, etc. Lauren - Country Scotty - Country (I think he is genuinely sweet and I hope he never loses that sincerity) and yes he can sing. The public decides and even then the test is what happens in the years that follow, not this one nite. When I think of who went on to "make it" I think of Kelly, Clay, Carrie and Daughtry. Time will be the true test. Just my two cents minus inflation.....
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,069
Posts1,185,742
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|