Well there you have it. They are the youngest folks ever to reach the finals. In my opinion, they are also the two most decent kids in the pak. After next weeks show maybe AI should just announce the voting was too close and declare them co-winner. Scotty will probably take it better than Lauren if he loses. If there is any doubt about the power of the country voting block, it was answered last night.

Scotty deserves a special award for the "Most improved". For a kid who rode in on a one-trick-pony, he sure learned quick. I have a song I want to pitch to him right now!

Lauren is just a sweet girl with a gift. Seeing her interact last night with the "hero" boy who saved his brother from the flood, was worth watching the whole show.

A lot of you will laugh at this so called "stupid" contest, but above and beyond the Hollywood fluff, there is real human drama, hope and optimism. 3 years ago I though this show would have folded by now but I think it lost a lot of it's cynicism when Simon left. The present judges, of which Randy is the only original, now seem to project the right combination of critique and encouragement. I don't know if the show will be around 5 years from now but I think the world is richer for it having been aired.

I believe the final show is moved up to Tuesday.


"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein