|
5 members (Gary E. Andrews, Michael W. Brown, texritter, KyleCrawford, Guy E. Trepanier),
126,885
guests, and
5,649
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,082 Likes: 1
Top 10 Poster
|
Top 10 Poster
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,082 Likes: 1 |
Here's an interesting exercise
McCain has the republican nomination sewn up, and for the democrats, it's either Obama or Clinton....that much is settled.
Now...
Give me the three main reasons to vote McCain\Republican Give me the three main reasons not to vote McCain\Republican
........... Interesting exercise, John. I'll play. I can only give 3 and 2 at this point though. McCain For: (1) Character and straight shooting... (2) Proximity to the center - I like that he supports stem cell research and, with repect to those with other views, I really believe his approach to illegal immigration was the only *practical* solution. (3) National Security focus McCain Against: (1) He's no spring chicken. The choice of running mate is critical simply because of this. And if he chooses a running mate I don't like, well..... (2) He would likely choose at least one supreme court justice and it would make me nervous to see the court drift further to the right... Obama For: (1) He is an optimist. If it weren't for the President's responsibility to the armed forces, he would definitely get my vote - because, other than the importance of that role, I think the President's job is largely to inspire. I think Joe may have said this first but I agree... (2) His philosophy on health care is closer to what I support than is Hillary's. (3) He seems to emphasize our commonality rather than our differences. Obama Against: (1) Other than the campaign, he seems untested.... (2) Though I have watched the debates and do a lot of reading, his treatment of the issues still seems largely philosophical and lacking in details. For this reason, you can also see that my "for" statements for him are somewhat soft. Hopefully these details will emerge between now and November. Clinton For: (1) I think she's smart as hell. I like leaders to be smart. (2) Her votes and views on education are more in line with my views than any other candidate. This has particular interest to me as I work in this field. (3) I see her husband as a plus. Say what you will about his mistakes in office (which, in my opinion, pale compared to those of the current President), we had the greatest economy in years under him. Clinton Against: (1) Her health care plan scares me. (2) She appears to be unwilling to compromise. I have seen 7 years of this in a leader and it scares me. I don't think people should compromise to get elected or appease constituents but there are times when it is necessary to achieve a practical solution to a problem. This will be a difficult choice for me....... Scott
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,066
Posts1,185,737
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"Sometimes reaching a goal earlier than planned is a great achievement. It shows you have worked hard, pushed ahead and made it happen. However, sometimes reaching a goal far past your original deadline, long after you wanted to complete it, and after the accolades you might once have gotten for the achievement are over, it is an even greater achievement. This shows you never gave up, due to adversity, deficit, criticism and those little life detours that end many dreams and goals. In many ways, this is a reason for even more pride!" -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|