|
5 members (bennash, texritter, Guy E. Trepanier, Everett Adams, Gary E. Andrews),
47,757
guests, and
5,988
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 8,574
JPF Mentor
|
JPF Mentor
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 8,574 |
I have no problem at all with anyone of any nationality who wants to legally immigrate to my country.
I do have a problem, however, with illegal employers. Folks who will hire people illegally so they can pay them wages lower than market value. They lure people to risk life and limb crossing our border, and entice them to enter and work here illegally. Those employers should be dealt with harshly. They are creating a large problem here. They are depressing our economy by unfairly lowering wages (could I compete in any market if I didn't pay taxes, have to buy insurance, have to pass certifications? You bet I could. Heck, I could even compete better in the dog-eat-dog music world if I didn't have to pay taxes.) They are endangering the security of our country (by creating a climate that causes porous borders, at a time when there are folks around the world who dream of hurting us.) And, they are weakening our social systems (by enticing cheap labor, and not providing for health care as was done by employers for many decades, we now have a sizeable group of non-taxpaying folk who are using our social systems.)
I say go after the illegals...the illegal employers. The good folk who came here with the promise of tax free money to better their families will be only too happy to return to their homelands when they find the illegal employers are out of business. Any bad folk who slipped in, that's what you get when you do business unfairly, it's the illegal employers' responsiblity for them being here.
You've got to know your limitations. I don't know what your limitations are. I found out what mine were when I was twelve. I found out that there weren't too many limitations, if I did it my way. -Johnny Cash It's only music. -niteshift Mike Dunbar Music
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,083
Posts1,185,778
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|