Sam,
In any group, there are those that make things happen, those that watch things happen and those that complain about things.

So, the question I always ask myself whenever I don't like something is this: "What part of this situation can I be responsible for?"

If more people actually took some responsibility for things, we'd have a much better planet. But it seems as though a lot of people are either sleeping, robots, lazy, apathetic or angry.

Anger is at least an emotion with an impulse toward taking action in the direction of change. But, even anger only changes things with fists, bullets, knives, etc. Anger rarely changes anything within a peaceful means.

So, how does change actually occur to make things better? It takes an organized effort of some type. But, most people are not willing to organize anything let alone put out any effort.

And that is why we have non-optimum situations in the first place. It's the product of the symptom.

I know you've taken organized action to help the hungry. That's very cool.

Auntie Rant


"And, in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." Paul McCartney