|
6 members (texritter, bennash, Michael W. Brown, Everett Adams, 2 invisible),
65,182
guests, and
6,107
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 29,275
Top 10 Poster
|
Top 10 Poster
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 29,275 |
OK, Brother Aaron..I'll bite..just a Wee Bit:
I'd been thinking further on "Great Songs"..'cuz this thread Does make Ya think about it a bit more'n usual.
I've got 4 more besides "Wanted" that I hear regularly-rotated near-daily on Country Stations in Tampa. (I'll skip the Other "Categories" you mentioned, since I mainly REMEMBER the Excellence of these 4/forget The Rest.)
For Starters, "WE ARE GLASS"..penned by Ross Copperman & Jon Nite..at their First writing session..took an hour & a half..(With a chorus that became a bridge & new CH added, later that evening.) Nicely-Duetted by Thompson Square. Impressive Poetic Lyrics, Elegant Music, Great Production.
Next, "FLY-OVER STATES", Sung Well by Jason Aldean, penned by Neil Thrasher & Michael Delaney. I've been thru that Heartland by Car..& Plane..(Even met that Hot Texas Gal that's Mentioned in it)...and it's a CLASSIC. If there ever was one. A song to be Proud-of.
"YOU DON'T KNOW HER LIKE I DO" Penned & Sung by Brantley Gilbert. One HELL of a Fine "Torch Song"...(& when's the last time ya heard a Country Song with a CAESURA in it????)
Lastly, "DRUNK ON YOU"...Which really Shoulda Been Titled "HIGH ON SUMMERTIME" but the writers, Rodney Clauson, Josh Kear, & Chris Thompson prolly figured (right) that radio stations wouldn't play anything with "HIGH" in the Title. Lyrically, it's got the Kids' Ear from Line One's "..Speakers go BOOM-BOOM"...& it's so Finely-Crafted SO-FAR none of the "Let's Protect The Kids" Set has been bitchin' about the line that reads "Drips of honey on the moneymaker gotta be the best buzz I'm gonna find"... Luke Bryan sings it ALL to Perfection...& it DOES provide one of the Best Summer Buzz Songs I've heard in Ages (& stretches that Envelope...quite nicely too!)
Good Crafty Songwriting...all of 'em...in my book...Quite Alive & Kicking!
Best Wishes & Big Hugs, Stan
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,073
Posts1,185,747
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|