Originally Posted by Cheyenne
STAN,

Yesterday. this song was written in 1963 but the lyric is

perfect for the music. Stan songs are not novels

some of the best are simple messages.

What you have in this song is Perfect Prosody,

Try writing a Lyric with a melody Stan one given you buy a

proper songwriter and you may get some satisfaction.

Being simple in lyrics is not being ignorant or stupid

Simplicity can take a lot of work.

Yesterday was one of the most recorded songs of all time

Besides being a massive seller.

Try studying meter STAN and all it's variations, and you

may get better results.

Best Wishes Anyhow.


Yeah I agree, I think the prosody comes from talking, when we talk we usually use perfect prosody.

It's when we sing, it gets tough.

He makes good rap records, I just wont call him a great writer.