|
7 members (texritter, Gary E. Andrews, KyleCrawford, Michael W. Brown, bennash, Guy E. Trepanier, 1 invisible),
27,203
guests, and
5,614
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 854
Top 500 Poster
|
OP
Top 500 Poster
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 854 |
I love all kinds of music. From incoherent three chord punk rock, to jazz, to bubble gum pop to singer songwriters.
I even Like Taylor Swift, My Niece loves her, she;s good at what she does, but shes not writing songs like Dolly Parton, a fair comparison being they are both quasi country stars.
But the listener of today wont know the difference, they will probably think Taylor Swift writes better songs becuase the sound is current and it's fresh.
It has nothing to do with eras, I love this guy Willie Nile who is banging out great record after great record, I like the gaslight anthem, I like the Black Keys, I like alot of current music, I just think it doesnt matter how well you craft a song, if u are trying to pitch, have a kick ass recording and have a huge hook.
But it's all a crapshoot anyway.
As Greg Kihn once said "they dont write em like that any more"
Or Mr Springsteen when he wrote "the Poets down here dont write nothing at all, they just stand back and let it all be"
Last edited by December Rock Star; 08/09/12 01:43 AM.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,051
Posts1,185,700
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|