|
7 members (texritter, Guy E. Trepanier, CTthomas, Gary E. Andrews, Sunset Poet, Everett Adams, 1 invisible),
22,877
guests, and
5,576
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,897 Likes: 89
Top 10 Poster
|
OP
Top 10 Poster
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,897 Likes: 89 |
Thanks for all the replies. I absorb them all. Lynn answered my specific question, and I especially thank you for that: "Answer: Isaiah 65:17 tells us, “For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.” Though this "born again" Biblical answer is a bit troubling to me, I can see this would be the only way to handle the conflict of leaving loved ones behind. What is more troubling, I feel Heaven is built on a false premise. With the erasing of our memories, reality becomes fantasy, thus, our happiness in Heaven is only possible by extracting those we loved most from our minds. Shielding us from painful realities by deception. Though I'd be delighted to discover an afterlife if loved ones were included, I find this scenario and quote: "we are an end in ourselves" a bit kinder. I was born with a free will and developed an objective mind, but it appears having unconditional faith in the New Testament (being born again) is the only key that unlocks Heaven's Gate. Though I believe that "life" (being born, created, coming into existence, and everything else) was the work of the Creator (God) and didn't happen from an accidental "Big Bang", at the same time the Biblical stance of being born again as a prerequisite in entering Heaven doesn't sound logical. Thanks to everyone for their opinions and info and especially for keeping this discussion civilized. Best, John
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,050
Posts1,185,699
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|