Dear Meg:

What a sad commentary you bring to us. I can't imagine a world without God. I don't care what you call Him... the Native Americans used several meaningful descriptions... but they believed. Our history is steeped in religion... not all of it good... especially when the hand of man becomes involved.

God is love and the source of all goodness. Without him, we are nothing... only dust upon the wind. Is God tangible, visible, provable... no! He must be accepted by faith alone.

Please don't mistake believing in God as a requirement for one to belong to a Church, Synagogue or Mosque... or other organized group of believers... but it sure helps. Sharing ideas, caring for the infirm and fallen, breaking bread together... it all adds up to good. Where would this world be without goodness?

I understand your thoughts about rejection. We live in a world that has started to become tainted with evil. Television and the media are the main culprits... constantly injecting thoughts meant to lure us from the path of goodness.

Be strong and search your soul in those quiet times when you are filled with doubt. God will speak to you.