|
6 members (Gary E. Andrews, bennash, texritter, Michael W. Brown, KyleCrawford, 1 invisible),
66,175
guests, and
5,629
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,463
Top 20 Poster
|
Top 20 Poster
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,463 |
Bill you have it and me all wrong......sadly you are mistaken in your thoughts that everyone is wrong except the Christians and the capitalists. Twist my words any way you want....you might fool yourself but not others who perhaps have a more moderate or democratic political view.
Mike you also interpret or twist to suit the occasion. There are other scriptures that state that the followers of Jesus divided up money and possessions each to his needs or to be given to the poor..... try reading Acts 2.45 Re the expensive oil I could not quite get my head around the sudden change of attitude either.....got me questioning the consistency of such a man. Mike I pray that you read ALL of the Bible before again dissing someone who knows what they are talking about. JFI Jesus never led me to anything.... I started reading the Bible as a kid cause it was forced onto me as part of my lessons...that is a bone of contention but I will not say more..I kept it up over the years.....it is a good read and bestselling novel there are some great moral lessons from it....although I tend to sometimes skip the boring so and so begat so and so bit..I do follow my conscience re morals and it is surprising how often it coincides with some of the teachings. However the more I read it and study other things the more I disbelieve in a God or Jesus...and the less respect I have for religion in general. I will gladly sell all my possessions and put it in a pot to be divided each to his needs...if you and all other Christians especially rich capitalist Christians follow Jesus teachings and do the same first. I reckon redistribution of wealth might improve things for most at the expense of a few....considering a greedy 7% of the population own 84% of the wealth and we are now forced into bailing THEM out. Why is it that Christians have this ability to second guess what God wants and they hear what he tells folk to do...never could understand it?......If you hear God and feel his presence then you are very lucky cause folk usually get locked up in an asylum if they hear voices or see hallucinations....they are branded as delusional.
Ray you lost me years ago cause your grasp of reality is matched by a vivid imagination that lets you see a whole other parallel fantasy world none of us live in.... completely unreal....You seem to think that rich people are some kind of benefactors and we should be thankful for the crumbs they throw us.....JFI I have played more than a gig or two for charity and have reduced my rates because an owner of a venue has fallen on hard times....that shows friendship and loyalty.....and business sense.....similarly they reciprocate and offer to pay more when times are good.......I understand economics, trust and loyalty.....that is why I will never agree with you on capitalism......cause under true capitalism there is no friendship or loyalty....when times are hard folk get laid off and when times are good they pay what little they can get away with....using the minimum workforce required by law...to make the max profit....A pal once said "Christianity would be all right if they put prophets before profits".....funny joke and sadly true.
I am sorry for ruffling a feather or two but maybe it is time some feathers were ruffled......with so many against me I think I have struck a nerve.....at least it gets folk thinking.....and possibly questioning beliefs and dogma.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,061
Posts1,185,724
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|