|
5 members (KyleCrawford, texritter, Guy E. Trepanier, Michael W. Brown, bennash),
127,542
guests, and
5,627
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 108
Serious Contributor
|
Serious Contributor
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 108 |
I was raised a Christian and was pretty content to believe that for much of my life. However, the past couple of years I feel I've drifted away from Christianity. To be honest, I never quite felt that spark that all my Christian friends seemed to feel, and this lead me to explore other faiths and ideas. I'm still exploring and growing, but I'm not really sure what I'd call myself. I still believe in God, no doubt. Nothing has ever shaken my belief that there is a God. I'm just not so sure anymore it's the Christian-Judeo God that I was brought up with.
The question of the thread was a really good one. I'd never really taken that into consideration before. To the poster who said that we will only forget the suffering, I'm not sure that's the correct context of that verse. I was always under the impression that that verse referred to God's "forgetting" of our sins post-repentance. I think it makes much more sense for us to completely be wiped clean of all memory. It almost seems like reincarnation, only without the cleansing cycles. Interesting stuff.
~There's a road that I must travel, may it be paved or unseen; Though I am hindered by a thousand stones, still onward I crawl down on my knees~ http://www.facebook.com/enemiesleaveroses <---Check out my facebook
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,064
Posts1,185,735
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"Sometimes reaching a goal earlier than planned is a great achievement. It shows you have worked hard, pushed ahead and made it happen. However, sometimes reaching a goal far past your original deadline, long after you wanted to complete it, and after the accolades you might once have gotten for the achievement are over, it is an even greater achievement. This shows you never gave up, due to adversity, deficit, criticism and those little life detours that end many dreams and goals. In many ways, this is a reason for even more pride!" -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|