November 30. 2009

Mike Knowitall
Sublevel Music, NYC


Mr. Knowitall,

I am submitting this lyric and mp3 in response to your recent listing: "Publisher, Label Accepting Songs; Post Your Hit Song Submission Here" on the Just Plain Folks web site.

3 Speed Trani is a "New Country" song for a female vocal and is presented in the singer/songwriter demo format.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Ellen Moseley
contact: ***-$$$-****


http://www.box.net/shared/ze1vim9bls

3 Speed Trani

I.

When did I get to be so annoying
have I always been this way
lately it seems like I get it wrong
with a lot of the things that I do or say
I didn’t mean to embarrass you
didn’t mean to blow your scene
it’s just the way I am and I’ll be damned
if I can figure out any other way to be


CHORUS:

love me or leave me
don’t ask me to change too much
baby, I’m not an automatic
I’m a three-speed trani with a worn out clutch
love me or leave me
trade me in, don’t fix me up
‘cause baby, I’m not an automatic
I’m a three-speed trani with a worn out clutch


II.
Sometimes I’m so comfortable
livin’ in my skin
then you go and poke a hole
and the whole damn world comes crashing in
I’m not what you call high maintenance
just need some TLC
and if you can deal with some quirkiness
you’ll get a lot of mileage out of me


CHORUS


III.
Well, you seem to like the chassis
and the paint job caught your eye
but something ‘bout what makes me tick
well, that don’t seem to fly

baby, you need to figure out
if love can be true
if you can love me just the way I am
maybe I can do the same for you


CHORUS