Originally Posted by Michele Bolton
Originally Posted by John W. Selleck
Mike,

I thought you were nice with the 75%. Most Nashville publishers want 100% of the publishing unless you are a recognised songwriter. Good luck with your pitch. Reba is great.


Hi John

Mike and You will have to explain what a publisher does to earn 100% of an unrecognized songwriter. crazy A Nashville publisher shouldn't earn 100% because the songwriter isn't recognized yet, what's that got to do with it. crazy

So please explain.

What do I earn being the songwriter??
What does my producer earn for his take on the music??
What does my publisher Mike Caro earn??
What does the Artist earn??

If Reba recorded "Don't push my button" and their was 30 million copies sold, what would I earn out of those 30 million copies sold, what would all the others earn???

Okay, how about Mike 50% goes to you, but out of your 50%, 10% of your 50% goes to Mental Health, smile and I'll do the same, that means will both end up with 40%, and Mental Health will earn 20% VERY WORTHY CAUSE! grin or 45% & 5% to Mental Health. smile

I DRIVE A HARD BARGAIN! smile Even though I think Mike is worth 100%. whistle

hugs Michele



Hi Michele

Good question for the Mentor Board

What do I earn? What is my cut?

If you an artist did do your song and sold 10 million even, 30 mill is out these days lol...

What would you make about?

I have no idea. ALL I KNOW is what it costs us, and that is EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!


Thanks!
Peace Mike
Sub

Music & Video's & Photo's
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=482602

Demo/Production & Music Services
http://www.substudiomusic.com