Originally Posted by Ken Damkier
Hi Mike.
Thanks for accepting my material as is for film and TV placements.
I just can't wait to walk up there to lift my Grammy with Nicole Kidman on my left and Harrison Ford on my right accepting my musical award of the century in front of Obama&wifey.
I'll thank my mother and you for supporting me when others turned their back on me.

End of kidding!


I'm deeply honored by your response Mike.
You are hitting the very spot about my voice.
I never performed singing any of my songs live for the very reasons you've described in your reply.
I've made my bread for many years as a sideman guitarist in Scandinavia but writing lyrics, singing and composing music is quite new to me.
Therefore I'll swallow your advices like a hungry wolf and learn the best I can from them.
I actually talked to pro singers who are friends of mine asking if they would sing some of my songs.
Their reply was, that they could or would not sing my songs, because the lyrics were too personal.
Now your advices makes me decide to walk that road again and find real singers to work with.
After all I've been on the road long enough to wish only to sit at home writing songs, walking smiling to my bank, throwing parties to friends and get up next day before sun is down and work another 24 hours with music.

Looking forward to receive forms and paper work from you to look over and fill out.

Ps...
I had a feeling that you were ignited even more after that Motown call, and I know you did well(-:



Your welcome Ken, Thanks for this reply and for "getting all this"

This thread has done very well, and no fights at all yet, I'm kinda disappointed LOL
I'm as sweet as can be I think? After all I save little mice from being eaten alive by giant snakes smile

Besides who's silly enough to argue with an all Italian lifetime time New Yorker combo? Well? they are out there...

Yes work with others Ken, you can always do and have your OWN thing.I know I can do it all myself but much rather do with others and I'm BETTER with others as well personally. My best work always had other people involved even if in some cases they just stared at me with their mouth open lol

Meant to ask you if you ever saw my friend play in Denmark ever
Gary Owen? Figured a slight possibility.

Thanks
Mike


Thanks!
Peace Mike
Sub

Music & Video's & Photo's
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=482602

Demo/Production & Music Services
http://www.substudiomusic.com