Originally Posted by Louis
Dear Mr. Know-it-all. I'm a 23y/o, blond, blue eyed, vampire vixen, who is also very cool. I heard your needing some tunes so I thought I'd send this one in, cause everybody tells me I look good when I sing it. Just hit my cell phone and I'll tell you where to send the money...

"Old Tire Swing"

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=100639&songID=8215651



Lyrics
Just you and me
with a breeze in our face
the memory won't fade
takes me to the same place
just you and me what a wonderful thing
swinging on that old tire swing

it's where we dared to dream and make believe
it's where we both had our first kiss
it was a magical midsummers eve
when we were swinging on that old tire swing

sweet summer days
we'd both share in the shade
listening while birds
sing their sweet serenade
just you and me with no reason or rhyme
we always had a real good time

it's where we dared to dream and make believe
it's where we both had our first kiss
it was a magical midsummers eve
when we were swinging on that old tire swing


you went away
broke my heart I recall
I guess we both changed
summer had to turn fall
sometimes at night I still drive by that place
hoping just to see your face

it's where we dared to dream and make believe
it's where we both had our first kiss
it was a magical midsummers eve
when we were swinging on that old tire swing


Louis Twinn
JPF Mp3 Boards

Hi Louis,

I must say I was disappointed by your picture after reading your
letter.
However I was not disappointed with this song. I personally really really like it. It was very well crafted and I enjoyed the melody and feel very much.

This is yet again one of those times where I wish current artists would take more outside songs. A while back I heard a song by Alan Jackson that was so bland in every regard it was so obvious that his name meant everything not the song.

This song for pitching would be a bit tough as in it's a great
"you are the artist song" These days only certain sing about such sentiments and angles,and values. Everyone basically on the charts is just trying to be forceful in showing how clever they can be by fitting everything they see in front of there face into a song.

When there were wonderful artists like say James Taylor or Cat Stevens on the radio every single day, a song like this would be a great fit. I remember hearing "Oh Very Young" for the first time. And being absorbed by the melody feel and tone, and wondrously intrigued by the words.

I'd buy this Lois but I'm not sure I can sell it. And I'm ashamed to say I'm part of business that has to think that way.

If however it can be put across a bit stronger there is a a slight chance of film placement or catching a singer/songwriter who will TAKE ONE IN so to speak.

Will have to pass for now, but I LOVED the work here. To coin an old phrase it's always business never personal.

-----------------
Congratulations!

Your song "This Old Quilt" however is on hold here. It is also an artist type song a bit but has many many strengths that are appealing to me and would be for many singers. The one you sent in was good enough for TV/film placement but I'm thinking album cut at least as well. It's strong in every regard.

Will be in touch on that!

Thanks
Mr Knowitall
Sublevel Music NYC


Thanks!
Peace Mike
Sub

Music & Video's & Photo's
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=482602

Demo/Production & Music Services
http://www.substudiomusic.com