Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,997
Top 20 Poster
|
OP
Top 20 Poster
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,997 |
Well, how can I say No when Sub wants to come out and play? I'll give it a whirl. Here's a crappy recording of my offering.  Hey, it's kinda fun to try to write just a snippet without having to worry about the whole song! I just tried to figure out some words that might fit, then I went kind of crazy adding vocal tracks. My dog is a little freaked out. This is my first time playing with Cubase, so sorry about the rotten EQ and mix. http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=759055&songID=6333196PrechorusYou try so hard to hide what always shows But I already know that you don't really want to go ChorusSo why don't you stay? (If only for the night) Why don't you stay? (It's gonna be all right) Hi Mark! Wow that was fast! You're gonna laugh but I think it's no surprise that your melody and phrasing ideas are very close to mine.  Of course I had something in my head for this but wasn't set or certain. You felt the same things I did... This was very good... It flowed and was catchy and that is the most important thing. I like the backing vocals and the little add lib. We will keep on listening to see what others come up with and your always welcome to do more with it or change to make alternate versions... Nice work! The lyric reminded me of older cool Rasberry's love that stuff... may need to be slightly more edgier maybe... it was actually song nicely with the harmonies and all.. But the pharsing was cool...... This is gonna be lots of fun!!!
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,092
Posts1,185,794
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|