|
8 members (texritter, Michael W. Brown, Gary E. Andrews, Andy K, CTthomas, Guy E. Trepanier, Everett Adams, 1 invisible),
56,763
guests, and
6,058
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,997
Top 20 Poster
|
OP
Top 20 Poster
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,997 |
Mike..before you post anything I want to say what a great idea this was...it only got sideways because sometimes people let their passion cloud the fun part...(try being in sales, people,and you will know constant rejection)...I was looking forward to more of these in the future...I'm sure you have lots of melodic riffs in the can...what a great way for you to cowrite on some of those old ideas...hope this works out for you...good luck! Hi Ted & thanks! you were a real trooper bro.. Hey Kev you think you got blasted?  Look at Ted's threads it's like Frazier after the Thriller In Manilla  Life gets sideways all the time doesn't it. I'm sure I'll come up with more of these in different variations and such. I still think it was a very good idea and went very well overall. Part of my thinking was we to motivate people, get them to do things a little different, add a little spark to those having witers block, or just spark in there week. Also most of my songs are loaded with hooks, no matter what style I'm in I know they are..How? I gave up being a killer musician to make it that way. I wanted to test us and challenge us. The music industry can be brutal trying to get in and then being in and staying around as I know... I was in it for a brief time. Then trying to get back in! All of the basic plans, to write on demand, write in a style,write for a submission, write for a dealine. But that's all fun but in the real world there is a little bit of a prize , dream, reward involved also. Since I'm broke all I could offer was a tiny piece of the dream, The next time some body involved in a film takes to my songs, or I get the former president of Epic Records in my house again listening to my songs and hiring and me as a producer, Or Mike A (producer of Born To Run) comes over with his latest game plan.. Or even by some miracle we come up with the right song to bring up to the BIG guy. You'd be involved, along with me. Ups & Downs.. How many here have even really enjoyed the beauty of real rejection. Or maybe even more importanly than all that, like I originally said.. just throw this CD on n the car crank it up and watch your kids & there friends faces  priceless!
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,068
Posts1,185,741
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|