|
6 members (KyleCrawford, Raymond Byabazaire, Michael W. Brown, texritter, Gary E. Andrews, 1 invisible),
64,575
guests, and
6,030
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,299 Likes: 1
Top 100 Poster
|
Top 100 Poster
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,299 Likes: 1 |
Mike: I Listened to all or most of the entries. Had to say Pete's caught my ears and held them there. Its tough when you have been pounding your head against the wall trying to shake loose a good hook/melody/lyric/etc, and then you hear a great melody line like I did when I heard the melody part :"Let me go down easy:. Wow damn! why couldn't I come up with something like that. This stuff is not for the weak of heart, the fragile of ego or the thin of skin. Its like - get knocked off the track - get back on - see what you can do - maybe get knocked off again and again - get back up question why it was you ever wanted to write songs - question if I will (or have ever ) write a decent song that someone, correction, a million or so someones would pay money for. Of course the answer to all the questions is that the money if it comes is nice,but, don't hold your breath, keep writing keep reveling in this wonderful world of words and notes and people like yourself and just be the song (oh god did I really say that?)when it arrives and I don't know why I am saying this at all except that I am having fun inspite of getting knocked on my ass a few itmes. This has shown me how to put my all into writing a melody and lyrics and then walk away and start over again. That's what I got from this and I think it was worth it!!
Now I want to ask you how are you holding up. I know how I would feel trying to deal with all kinds of other people's expectations and trying to be diplomatic at the same time you are feeling like s__t. I hope you get some relief from your health problems. And just wanted to express my gratitude for taking on such a selfless assignment. I suspect you get some level of satisfaction from doing this. And ultimately I am pretty sure you will get wometing back. If not, then there's no such thing as Karma in this life.
Regards...Paul
Regards...Paul
Last edited by Paul T Wentworth; 03/17/08 11:38 AM.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,064
Posts1,185,735
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"Sometimes reaching a goal earlier than planned is a great achievement. It shows you have worked hard, pushed ahead and made it happen. However, sometimes reaching a goal far past your original deadline, long after you wanted to complete it, and after the accolades you might once have gotten for the achievement are over, it is an even greater achievement. This shows you never gave up, due to adversity, deficit, criticism and those little life detours that end many dreams and goals. In many ways, this is a reason for even more pride!" -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
There are no members with birthdays on this day. |
|
|
|