|
7 members (texritter, Guy E. Trepanier, Everett Adams, Michael W. Brown, Gary E. Andrews, KyleCrawford, 1 invisible),
67,761
guests, and
6,019
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,997
Top 20 Poster
|
OP
Top 20 Poster
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,997 |
Here's my concept take. I just couldn't hit the melody that I had in my head, but I gave it the best shot I could. It's obvious I won't be the singer for this one! MP3: http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6334317Kevin *************************************************** Somehow, Someday(c) Caro/Emmrich 2008(pre-chorus) :01 Hey, Look at me :09 It's about us, can't you see .... (Chorus) :17 (that) Somehow we will make it through :26 Someday you will call me and say :34 (that) Somehow I made it up to you :44 Someday we'll remember this day (outro/ending) :52 But it won't make any difference :57 If you're not with me :59 Somehow, Someday **************************************************** Edit: Oops, the times are from the original track, I slid everything over a little when I mixed it to an MP3. Hi Kevin Yes I agree you probably won't be the singer  on this one .... Thanks for putting up the time numbers as well, I meant to do that. Your take on the song: Not bad the pitchy vocal of course is gonna hurt it but of course I can hear past that. The biggest problem with this is the timing & phrasing. The melody is decent but it's swimming a little, notes are too short too long not enough syllables too many for one spot. It has an awkward way about it. * One of the big keys here is : If you have a great flow or meter, just a catchy melody the words become less and less important. Not that they aren't important but you should not even notice them or think twice about them on the first listen.. This is how Rock Bands and certain artists get RICH & FAMOUS right before our eyes and ears Oh yes I love that song, Wow is that what he is singing there ???
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,067
Posts1,185,738
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"Sometimes reaching a goal earlier than planned is a great achievement. It shows you have worked hard, pushed ahead and made it happen. However, sometimes reaching a goal far past your original deadline, long after you wanted to complete it, and after the accolades you might once have gotten for the achievement are over, it is an even greater achievement. This shows you never gave up, due to adversity, deficit, criticism and those little life detours that end many dreams and goals. In many ways, this is a reason for even more pride!" -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|